So a date for Prince Alexander’s christening has been decided now, he will be baptised on the 9th of September in the Castle Church just like his paternal cousins Princess Leonore and Prince Nikolas. Save the date.
By that date little Prince Alexander will be over 3 months old.
Unconfirmed sources has stated that Prince Alexander’s parents intially wanted to have their firstborn son’s christening in Öland instead of Stockholm. But the King rejected that idea once again. Apparently Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia Hellqvist wanted to have their wedding ceremony at Öland and not Stockholm.
Not too long ago Crown Princess Victoria’s second child and firstborn son Prince Oscar was christened. It has been rumored that Princess Leonore and Prince Nikolas mother already wants a third child. Dare I guess she will make a third pregnancy official at her nephew’s christening like Princess Sofia did at Prince Nikolas christening?
The Swedish royal successional order is
- Crown Princess Victoria, Dutchess of Västergötland, future Queen of Sweden
- Princess Estelle, Dutchess of Östergötland ,future Crown Princess and Queen of Sweden
- Prince Oscar, Duke of Skåne,second in line of succession
- Prince/ss born somewhere between 2017 and 2022
- Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland, third in line of succession
- Prince Alexander, Duke of Södermanland , firstborn son of Prince Carl Philip, fourth in line of succession
- Prince/ss 2017 or 2018
- Prince/ss 2018 or 2019
- Prince/ss 2019 or 2020
Based on my own conclusions.